What Makes Us Unique
Foundations For Living offers advanced clinical treatment and innovative residential services:
- Licensed Professionals. All clinical, psychiatric, medical and nursing care is provided by licensed professionals dedicated to fostering personal wellness for youth.
- Short-Term Assessment Program (45 days). This service benefits youth in need of structured care and assessments in a safe and secure environment.
- Neurofeedback and Biofeedback. Neurofeedback is brain training for self-regulation and often alleviates or reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression, bedwetting, sleep disorders, attention deficient disorders and disruptive behaviors. Biofeedback teaches relaxation and self-control through guided computer training and feedback-oriented video games.
- Treatment for Victims of Human Trafficking. Foundations For Living provides specialized care for victims of sexual exploitation and/or labor trafficking.
- Treatment for Reactive Attachment Disorder. Foundations For Living provides specialized care for youth presenting with developmentally inappropriate social relatedness.
- Treatment for Trauma and Mood Disorders. Foundations For Living has a model of Trauma-Informed Care and utilizes Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy as the primary treatment modalities. Our facility provides a safe environment to explore and resolve trauma and mood-related issues.
- Treatment for Pregnant Youth. Foundations For Living provides mental health and/or substance-related disorder treatment to pregnant youth in addition to pre-natal care, comprehensive medical treatment, and parenting classes.
- Treatment for Self-Injurious Behavior. Foundations For Living provides a specialized treatment milieu that includes a secure environment with 24 hour supervision and a structured setting with a low client to staff ratio. Trained staff teach youth how to identify self-harm triggers as well as teach emotional regulation and safe coping strategies to express emotions.
- Onsite and Offsite Amenities and Incentives. Foundations For Living provides a variety of amenities and incentives to enrich the youth’s treatment period. Foundations For Living offers onsite schooling, a beauty/barber shop, fitness and recreation center, library, and a creative arts and music production studio. Youth also have the ability to participate in offsite activities such as trips to local parks, movies, zoo, and community events.
- Transportation is provided to families in need.